Try our latest recipe for Coffee Bean Cookies that taste even better than they look.
- 120g Plain Flour
- 12g Cocoa Powder
- 25g Cornflour
- 5g The House of Robert Timms Full-Bodied Granulated Coffee
- 8mL Hot Water
- 75g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 65g Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- In a large bowl, whisk the softened unsalted butter until creamy.
- Add the icing sugar into the butter and whisk until combined with no lumps.
- Add the egg yolk into the mixture. Mix until combined.
- Mix the instant coffee powder and hot water until combined. Add into the yolk mixture and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, and cornflour.
- Sift the dry ingredients to the batter gradually – one-third at a time. Mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Separate the dough into balls of 8g each. Shape them into an oval shape.
- Carefully use the back of a butter knife or toothpick to press a middle line on each dough.
- Place them on baking paper and in a container with a lid. Put them into freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 170 °C or 325 °F.
- Transfer the coffee bean cookies on to a baking sheet with baking paper carefully. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Carefully place the cookies into the cooling rack. Ready to serve.